View Full Version : Robitussin, used in the manufacture of Meth

drdĒv€
03-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Drug-case accused admits firing at police during chase

Sidney Darren Wells was a little off-target when he fired two rounds at a police car during a high-speed chase.

Both bullets missed the pursuing police vehicle but hit the right rear passenger door of his own car.

Yesterday in the High Court at Auckland the 33-year-old, represented by Shane Tait, admitted using a firearm against a law enforcement officer and possession of a precursor substance to make the drug methamphetamine.

Justice Judith Potter remanded Wells in custody for sentencing in April.

According to papers filed in court, Constable Steven Mangles, who was driving a marked police car, decided to stop Wells after seeing him drive erratically in Pakuranga in May last year.

The summary says that Wells sped away dangerously, making his tyres smoke.

Pursued by the officer, lights flashing and siren blaring, Wells sideswiped a car at an intersection but did not stop.

Eventually Wells stopped his vehicle, grabbed a bag from the back seat and made a run for it, chased by two dog handlers. He discarded the bag, which was found to contain 24 bottles of Robitussin, a substance used in the manufacture of methamphetamine.

Read Complete Story HERE (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3552694&thesection=news&thesubsection=general)

libel
03-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Eventually Wells stopped his vehicle, grabbed a bag from the back seat and made a run for it, chased by two dog handlers. He discarded the bag, which was found to contain 24 bottles of Robitussin, a substance used in the manufacture of methamphetamine.

Um. Cough and cold, maybe. Fucking need to get their facts straight.

PeoplesMind
03-04-2004, 09:07 PM
They are most likely refrencing the pesudoephedrine in Robitussin--I guess someone figured out a pesudoephedrine extraction ;)

peace,
Nitin

steveotheguy
03-04-2004, 10:24 PM
WTF?!?!

I thought sudafed would be more convenient.......

PowerMacG4
03-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by steveotheguy@Mar 4 2004, 10:24 PM
WTF?!?!

I thought sudafed would be more convenient.......
/sarcasm

libel
03-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Cough and cold = pseudo and dxm :P

Thus the fact we all know the synth whom have replied and kind of feel its appaling that they'd name Robo as the stuff. Bah